Uplift Games Influencer Program Code of Conduct
This Code of Conduct applies to all individuals and businesses signed up to our Influencer Program. We reserve the right to update this Code of Conduct at any time, in our sole discretion. We will provide you notice of such update via the email address you used to sign up to the Program. Your continued participation in the Influencer Program following receipt of this update will constitute your acceptance of any updates to the Code of Conduct.
As an Influencer, you must clearly and prominently disclose your relationship with Uplift Games. Your disclosure obligations apply equally to personal blogs, websites, social network pages or posts, and other media.
The following guidelines explain how to comply with Uplift Games’ requirements for making truthful endorsements.
#Disclose material connections with Uplift Games
As a member of our Influencer Program, you will receive in-game benefits and content drops outlined in our Program Rewards. These are provided to allow you to review or create content around our updates smoothly, and come with no obligation to post or otherwise create content about them. As a result of these benefits, Uplift Games considers you to have a material connection to the company requiring disclosure.
The disclosure requirement applies to any materials created, contributed, or distributed by you on all media, including, but not limited to:
- Social media (TikTok, Instagram, Twitter, Snapchat)
- Video Platforms (YouTube, Vimeo)
- Third-party forums and review sites (Reddit, Yelp)
- Personal blogs and Tumblr
- Third-party affiliate marketing sites
- Interviews/media appearances (if not clear you are being compensated or have a relationship with Uplift Games)
The disclosure requirement applies to any communication that could be interpreted to promote or highlight the benefits of Uplift Games or its products or services. The requirements can apply even if you do not actually write about Uplift Games (e.g., merely posting a photo showcasing an Uplift Games product/service on social media is enough). Here are common examples where disclosure is required:
- Communications encouraging someone to buy a product/service or otherwise engage with Uplift Games
- Posting on social media in connection with our Influencer Program and/or using tagging any of Uplift Games’ official social media accounts, including, but not limited to, @PlayAdoptMe and @UpliftGames
- Content you share from playadopt.me or uplift.games, including products/services and articles, as well as content you share from any Uplift Games social media channel
- Sharing third-party content that is arguably favorable to Uplift Games, such as media stories that discuss the brand
- Content you create on your own personal blog or video site that includes information about and promotes Uplift Games
- Content you create in connection with an invitation to provide consumer content that Uplift Games may feature on its website or social media
- Selfies, videos, or other content prominently showcasing an Uplift Games product/service, retweeting an endorsement, or any other depiction that could be construed as promoting the brand
#Ensure your disclosure is clear and prominent on each post on which you endorse a product or service
Disclosures should be easy to see and understand. In other words, it should be clear to the audience that you are connected with the company. A simple statement about your relationship is often the best option. Another option is to incorporate the disclosure into your post. On social media, you can use shorter disclosures if necessary.
- Disclosures should be located at the beginning, next to, or on top of any applicable communication.
- The disclosure should be in each post (e.g., #ad) for social media.
- The disclosures should not be ambiguous. For example, #ambassador, #collab, #spon ARE NOT sufficient.
- For video, the disclosure should appear in audio and video format. For the video, such disclosure must be on the screen for long enough to be noticed, read, and understood. For long videos, the disclosure should be repeated multiple times. Merely including the disclosure in the description of the video is not sufficient.
- Please do not use that platform if you cannot include or fit a disclosure in your posting.
- All disclosures should be understandable by children and should not use confusing, advanced, or equivocal language.
- All disclosures should be easily identifiable and in large enough font for the audience to read and understand it. The disclosure should also be visible regardless of whether viewing online or on a mobile device.
#Statements must reflect your honest opinions, beliefs, or experiences and must not be false, misleading, or unsupported
- Do not make false or misleading claims about an Uplift Games product or service (e.g. do not make untrue claims about a product or service’s characteristics, operation, function, durability, benefits, what is included in a purchase, etc.)
- All statements should reflect your actual experiences (e.g., if you thought a product/service was bad, do not say it was great).
- Do not claim that the use of any Uplift Games product or Service enhanced your status as a celebrity or influencer.
- Do not make a claim that cannot be supported (e.g., an Uplift Games product/service has a particular health/safety benefit)
- Do not hold yourself out as an expert if you are not one
- If you create and distribute advertising or promotional material for Uplift Games, make sure that it is not disguised to look like editorial, news, entertainment, or other non-advertising content
- Ensure all product/service demonstrations are truthful, fair, and accurate
- Discontinue statements if your communication is no longer true or accurate
- Do not make conclusory or comparative statements about competitors or their products or services (e.g., “better than Competitor”)
- Consider what the reasonable consumer, including any children, would expect your message to mean, taking into account who you are, how you say it, and assuming the reasonable consumer is not well-educated or well-informed
#Think before you post
- Avoid controversial or potentially damaging statements about the Uplift Games brand
- If applicable, state that your view is your opinion and not representative of Uplift Games’ view
- Do not make, use, or distribute any offensive comments or sexually explicit material
- Do not disparage, libel, slander, or defame any person, entity, product, or service, including a competitive product or service
- Do not portray or encourage negative social stereotyping, prejudice, or discrimination
- Do not promote any unsafe or illegal activities, including drugs, tobacco, alcohol, guns, or illegal gambling and wagering
- Do not link to any content or website that violates this Code of Conduct
- Do not post content that encourages over consumption or overuse of any product or service beyond what is reasonable for a reasonable person or child.
- Make sure to state that a child must get their parent’s permission before buying any product or service
- Do not pressure your audience to buy products or urge children to ask their parents to buy products or services for them
- Do not use “puffing” language with respect to the price of any products or services (e.g. “only,” “just,” “bargain price” etc.)
- Do not convey that children will be more accepted by their peers if they buy or use a product or service and vice versa
- Do not imply that the use of a product or service will endow a user with skills, prestige, or other special qualities
#Your posts are subject to review by Uplift Games
Uplift Games periodically reviews materials created by Influencers. We will remind you about your obligations if you violate this Code of Conduct. Violators may be asked not to participate in future social media activities on behalf of Uplift Games and/or Uplift Games may terminate your membership in our Influencer Program
Outside of this agreement, you are responsible for ensuring you are following the law in your region regarding advertising. Below are some linked sites for our main regions to help guide you.